Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaDate: July 2015
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
One of the best areas which is not a highlight is Bangsar Baru. Here you can have dinner at Rebung, a traditional Malay restaurant with a nice ambiance. The buffet is amazing and the audio system is ready for videoke, don't sit down at a table next to the speakers.
Of course doing 'the usual stuff' is nice around KL. There's something to do for everybody and it's a nice metropole with a good ambiance. Especially when arriving from Manilla, it's a relieve!
Do's in Kuala Lumpur:
- Have a luxourious buffet lunch at the top of KL Tower (Atmosphere 360) with amazing views, it's worth it;
- Go to Bangsar Baru for a traditional Malay dinner at Rebung and have some drinks at Jalan Telawi street;
- Go to Central Market and Jalan Petaling for shopping (souvenirs, handicrafts and fake bags/clothes);
- Have an open-air dinner at Jalan Alor and watch them cleaning tables in 5sec.
Don'ts in Kuala Lumpur:
- Forget to get your tickets for Petronas Towers, you can't just show up and enter (limited tickets daily);
- Move around by taxi if you can take the train, it's fast and cheap;
- Skip the Sri Mahamariammam and Chinese temples - even if you've seen a lot already;
- Walk from the Islamic Arts Museum to the KL Bird Park, it's a long, hot and boring walk during midday.
Some impressions of Kuala Lumpur:
Petronas & KL Tower
Jalang Petaling Street Market
Skyline from KL Tower
Share this page: